12 Things to Carry on Day Walks
12 Things to Carry on Day Walks.
In addition to what you are wearing, the following is the minimum we suggest you carry on a day walk:
1. Waterproof jacket.
2. Waterproof trousers.
3. Spare warm layer - we recommend Primaloft insulated garments, such as Montane Prism or Flux jackets. These are: light, warm, pack down very small, and unlike down do not lose their insulation properties when wet.
4. Hat and gloves - for what they weigh and the benefit they provide, carry them all year round.
5. Map and compass.
7. Group shelter - we suggest a large windproof shelter such as a Terra Nova Bothy Bag, however a large orange survival bag will do the trick.
8. Torch + spare batteries/torch - as there are many small and light (pun intended) torches available these days, we tend to carry a spare rather than batteries.
9. Food and drink - always useful to carry some extra snack items or energy bars.
11. Sun cream.
12. First aid kit including personal medication.